- 2 1/4 C flower
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 stick sofend butter (at room tempature)
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 3/4 C white suger
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 C chocolate chips
- 1 C chopped walnuts
- If more cakey muffin like cookies are desiered use some more flower.
- just a pinch of salt is ok. but the salt is important for the chemical reations with the soda.
- If no baking soda is avalible you can use about of a cup of milk
making the dough more liquidy and then poring the dough onto the cookie
sheet as one mass about 1/2 and inch thick.
- if no brown sugar avalible you can use some white sugar mixed with malasas. (or just use white sugar but its not as good)
- The sugar called for in the recipie is really alot, using much less
is fine, even as little as 1 or 3/4 C total is ok for some
- I usualy i use much more vanillia than called for. In places where
they use vanilla sugar instead of extract then use 2 or three packets
-instead of vanilla you can use some lemon, or orange zest, or another
kinkd of liqure like rum, or balies, or cinnamon, or molasas or
anything else that would give a good flavor.
- To cook without eggs there are several different techniques i have
used a banna as a substitute. if you do this you need to put the
cookies in a plastic bag after cooking or they will become very hard.
- I have also used some sweet patoe pure instead of the eggs and this works well and makes more cake like cookies.
- Reliable sorces have said that useing grated apple as a substitue works also.
- Heat oven to 350 farenheit
- Cream together butter and suggars.
- Mix in vanillia and eggs.
- In a seperate bowl mix the dry ingreedents (Flower salt and baking soda)
- Then mix these together
- Then add chocolate chips and wallnuts
- put some globs of cookie dough on a cookie sheet, making sure to
leave space because the cookies will spread out, and bake in oven until
they start to turn slightly brown about 10-15 min.